Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sweet Potato Cupcake w/ Brown Sugar Marshmellow Frosting

Evening friends and family, check out my latest adventure in baking (after a not so great adventure last night in German Chocolate Cake)Now I can't take all the credit for this, my sister posted this blog link on her FB page tonight and I was like YUM! I MUST MAKE THIS! So I did! I did adapt the recipe a bit to use some different things but they are good.
 
 While I whipped eggs, I cooked down the sugar and water and after some boiling,
 I added some marshmallows, then dumped it into the stiff egg whites and mixed until I had some frosting, then added a bit of vanilla and mixed some more. Quickly I dropped into a bag and pipped some on top my cupcakes and Voila!
Have to admit, for never doing something like this, and not even knowing what to expect, I really enjoyed the light fluffy frosting and a sweet cupcake :)
The recipe I adapted was from this blog, http://www.laurenslatest.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment