Friday, August 3, 2012

Chocolate Lava

A few weeks ago, we had some of the young missionaries from out ward over for dinner and I wanted to make something yummy for dessert (well dinner too, but I LOVE dessert). So I set out for chocolate cake of sorts, and stumbled upon a chocolate lava cake. Mmm. So here she is,

 Here you see my chocolate ganache filling in the blue pool that I made a few hours before and had to refrigerate to be able to form into balls. In the mixer is the beginning of the cake, its just eggs, some egg yokes, sugar and vanilla for the moment. I have 6, 4 oz ramekins on the left waiting to be filled with chocolate goodness.
 Here is the cake mix with the melted chocolate and butter mix being folded in, and the little bit of flour.
 They are going in the oven, the cake mix is poured in and the chocolate ganache balls are dropped into the center of each on just before you place in the oven to bake.
 A close up of the cake before cooking.
 Here is the cake after cooking, the cake is a little hard to the touch, but the ganache is hot and runny like lava ;)
Now quick before it cools, I add a scoop of ice cream, some whipping cream, and fresh raspberries (or any topping of your choice really, I've done caramel, jam, mixed berries, more chocolate. 

Then enjoy! Its a deliciously easy cake to prepare, and so yummy. I found the recipe here, at all recipes.  Go try for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment