Thursday, February 16, 2012

Welcome!

Hello fellow cake makers, eaters, and even those who do not indulge in the glorious art that is cake making and decorating. Welcome to my blog!

I have officially begun my own personal business, and I am so excited! I am excited to welcome you into my life and would love to show you just how great every event in your life can be with a specialty cake, from me of course :)

You might be wondering why? Why now, or why me? Well I will tell you. A year ago I began my maternity leave for my first born child. March 24, 2011 my life was changed as my beautiful baby boy came into my life. My husband and I have greatly enjoyed our new family together, just a month after my son came into this world, I was shopping at Michael's doing some shopping and saw a flyer to take a cake decorating class. I had this urge to just do it! I have been wanting to for years, but never had a consistent schedule with my job and was never able to commit to classes, so I called my husband to see if we could work it out and signed up. From the first class I was hooked! I signed up for all three series of classes and never turned back. I spent the last year working, raising my son, and perfecting this art that I call a hobby.

So please enjoy, and leave lots of comments and feedback, and of course ask me to do the next cake for your special event!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! Starting a business is scary and hard, but can also be very rewarding, and thrilling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! It is scary and hard but I received inspiration from someone I know ;)

    ReplyDelete