Monday, July 2, 2012

A June Wedding

My first Wedding Cake was a blast. My sister in law told her sister about me and after chatting briefly she asked me to do her cake. I was so excited as this would be my first Wedding Cake and I have been so excited to for the chance to add to my portfolio. Becki was an excited and easy to please. After a few drawings we finally landed on a design and then all I had to do was plan :) 

This wasn't just any wedding either, it was a wedding back in my hometown, so my first cake was a traveling cake, and a wedding cake ;)
I set out to do research and figure out the best way to do this, cause not only was this cake special it was also a cake that would have 2 'fake' tiers since the they didn't want to serve the cake just mostly for pictures. I decided to make the fake tier bases prior to leaving for my parents and bake the cake and do all decorating there. 


 Here are a couple of shots of me doing the scroll work on the cake. Because my family is so busy, crazy, and full of small kids at this point I was wearing ear buds to block out the noise and keep me from getting distracted. My family was understanding and patient :)


 I was very happy with how the cake turned out and so was the bride and groom. 


I chose to sneak their names and the wedding date into the scroll work as an after thought and everyone thought it was a great idea and loved it!
 
 Congrats to Brian and Becki Grow!!!

(top tier white cake with fresh strawberry filling, and 2 tiers rice crispies, and buttercream icing)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think it's awesome that you found a fun way to make moola from home, and (it seems) like a hobby too. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake was absolutely beautiful. We had so many comments about it from the guests too. Thank you for all your hard work. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete