Monday, July 2, 2012

A non-girly baby shower cake...

I love babies, I mean I really love babies, everything about babies, and everything having to do with babies. I only have one son who currently is 15 months and I miss that little baby (even though I love my little toddler). 

I was so excited to be asked to do this baby shower cake and so excited when she told me it was for a baby girl. Then she told me that the parents aren't into the super girly, so to make it more neutral and at first I was a little disappointed, then as I sat down to draw out the design and became more and more excited about working on this cake. Through many tweaks and changes I was finally able to land here and I was so happy with how it turned out. Congrats to this family as they welcome a little girl to their group, and thanks for the opportunity to do this lovely cake.
(white cake with fresh strawberry filling and buttercream icing with fondant details)

No comments:

Post a Comment